Lights Not Turning On
Lights don't turn on for six basic reasons:
1. The bulb is bad. This is more common than one might think. Try replacing a questionable light bulb with a new one. If that doesn't work, before giving up, try using a bulb from another light fixture that you KNOW is working.
2. The switch to the light is bad. The switch will need to be replaced.
3. The light fixture is broken. Usually it is easier and less expensive to simply replace the light fixture. However, many light fixtures can be repaired if this is desired by the owner.
4. No power. Please go to the No Power section.
5. Time clock for the light is broken or not set for the correct time. Re-set the time on the clock or replace the broken time clock.
6. If the light fixture is activated by a photo-cell, the photo-cell is either out of adjustment or broken. Adjust or replace photo-cell.
7. Fluorescent, Mercury-Vapor, or High-Pressure-Sodium Lights. These kinds of light fixtures all use an electrical ballast to energize their special light bulbs. If the light is humming loudly or has an "electrical odor" or if the light just doesn't turn on, the ballast may need to be replaced.
Still Not Fixed? Contact Metro Electric Now - (323) 727-2876